Last week I was amazed and surprised to be given a blogging “hi-five” in the form of a Liebster award. As I’m still a newbie here (I’ve only been posting for 2 months and still can’t believe people read my blogs) I’m totally shocked to receive this. Now, I know I’m not receiving a Pulitzer or the Booker award but nevertheless I’m totally delighted that another fellow blogger (thank you Gardening Hands) has thought to nominate me.
So, what is the Liebster award? From the research I’ve done over the last week, the Liebster award is passed around the blogging community to those who have fewer than 200 followers as a “getting to know you” tool. The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post
3. Answer 10 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
4. Nominate 5 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 200 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display this information!)
6. Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!)
Now, I know what you’re thinking. You’re thinking that this looks a bit like a chain letter. I knew it. I thought that too. But having thought about it for a while I’ve decided to graciously accept the award and would like to take the opportunity to pass forward the blogging hi-five that I received. So, here we go…
I’d like to thank Gardening Hands for my nomination.
Here are the answers to the set of questions given to me:
Do you like to start with seeds or buy seedlings? Seeds
What sort of composting system do you have? I have a big wooden slatted bin that I put everything into (except brambles and rose cuttings). Then I shut my eyes and hope for the best!
Favorite time of the day to garden? Mornings
What makes you smile when you’re having a bad day? My son
What is the most recent book you have read? The Forgotten by David Baldacci
Favorite gardening tool? My new cordless strimmer
Your next big project in the garden? Sourcing and fitting a glass door for my home-made greenhouse
2 movies you enjoyed recently? Big Hero 6 and Rise of the Guardians (both with my son, honestly!)
Soda water or mineral water? Mineral water, it always reminds me of being on holiday
Sweet or salty? Sweet – love cake almost as much as being an allotmenteer
I’d like to nominate:
My questions for you are:
1. What do you use for inspiration in the garden/allotment?
2. What new vegetables are you growing this year?
3. How do you control pests in the garden/allotment?
4. What is your top tip for new vegetable growers?
5. What are your 2 favourite vegetables to grow?
6. What got you interested in growing your own vegetables?
7. Favourite music to listen to?
8. The one job you dislike to do at the allotment?
9. Marmite. Love it or hate it?
10. Your favourite person to garden with?
There we go! All done and not one request for bank details or PIN numbers (see it’s not a chain letter)
Big Hi-Fives on their way now…